One of the most popular card games in land-based and online casinos alike, blackjack is a long standing favourite with players who prefer games where skill can make a difference between winning and losing. Nowadays, it’s nearly impossible to find a good online casino that doesn’t feature at least one variant of online blackjack. So, what are the advantages of playing this renowned game online?
- When going against a human dealer, it is customary for the player to tip the dealer every time the player wins. While this is not a strict rule, it is considered to be a firm part of blackjack etiquette. In online blackjack, you do not have to tip, which can save you a noticeable amount of money in the long run.
- Lack of human dealer means that you can get away with some types of behaviour that would otherwise be considered suspicious. For example, you can use betting strategies that focus on planned increase/decrease of your wagers. While a human dealer might see through such strategy, online you are free to use a wide betting range without any problems.
- Another advantage of playing online is the fact that you can easily go 1-on-1 against the computer/dealer, which might work in your favour. Thanks to this, the game is also faster and lets you play more hands per hour.
Online blackjack comes in many variants, some of which have significantly better rules than a classic game. The most popular variants include:
- Atlantic City Blackjack – a blackjack game with the lowest house edge – about 0.35%;
- Blackjack Switch – a game where the player is dealt two hands and can switch the second cards between them;
- Double Exposure Blackjack – with a big strategic advantage of letting the player see two cards in the dealer’s hand.
- And many others, full of interesting twists that enrich this classic game!